The Pool of Siloam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes & Solomon's wisdom

4 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes & Solomon's wisdom Empty Ecclesiastes & Solomon's wisdom

Post by Lili-ni-Viti Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 am

I recently re-read the book of Ecclesiastes, at the end of October. It seemed that I was having more clarity about Solomon; and some 'first impressions' that I used to suppress for fear that I was displeasing the Lord were actually established.

Just to mention a couple: one was that with all his wisdom, Solomon said some really dumb things, and that he was acting more carnal than spiritual; and another was in response to his comment that among 1000 men he could find 1 upright; among women, none (7:28). My reaction was always 'well what do you expect with more than 300 wives (1 per day of the year) and 1000 concubines?!'

In this October 2015 reading - a new insight that was impressed on me was that "if you wanted a human example of how Lucifer fell, Solomon was Exhibit A" from the Bible. Everything Solomon labelled 'meaningless' was when he couldn't get his own way.

I remember getting a mild shock a couple of years ago when listening to a Pastor Mark Biltz sermon when he said 'Solomon was a wicked king'; but now I understand why he would say that.

Ears to hear and eyes to see come from the Lord. Thank you Jesus!

lili

Lili-ni-Viti

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes & Solomon's wisdom Empty Re: Ecclesiastes & Solomon's wisdom

Post by AndyA Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks Lili! Indeed Solomon had wisdom and also received everything else. Power and riches and other worldy things just feed the flesh and detract from living in the spirit. As Jesus taught:

Matthew 19:23-24
23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

AndyA

Back to top Go down

Post by dewick134 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Interesting. I have personally wondered why we are taught that Solomon was such a wise man. I know the Word also says he was the wisest man, but to me, I have often wondered about how foolish he was to turn away from the God who visited him and chose him to build Him a house. Are you aware that he also worshipped the gods his wives worshipped? I am sure you are. I have also read that the star of David that is a symbol of Israel, is actually the star of Solomon, used in pagan worship and witchcraft. It is two triangles. I forget now which Book of the Bible mentions a star that man created, and I often wonder if it is referring g to the star known as the star of David/Solomon. I will find that scripture passage again and get back to you. Thank you for sharing.

dewick134

Back to top Go down

Post by dewick134 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm

I found the two passages in Scripture about a star that was made to represent the gods Israel worshipped. I have always wondered if it was the star that Solomon made. Amos 5:26 says, "You also carried Sikkuth your King and Chiun, your idols, the star of your God's, which you made for yourselves." Then, in Acts 7:26, Stephen refers to the Old Testament and says, "You also took up the tabernacle of Molech, and the star of your God Remphan, images which you made to worship." He is referring to the passage in Amos, but he says Molech instead of Sikkuth. Do you think this could be the star of Solomon?

dewick134

Back to top Go down

Post by dewick134 Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Sorry, I should be calling it the Seal of Solomon. If anyone finds the time, Google it and let me know what you think. Supposedly he used this symbol on his signet ring to conjure genies and demons. We know he fell into witchcraft, so it makes sense to me.

dewick134

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:51 pm

It was interesting to read this discussion about Solomon and his wisdom last evening and then hear this this morning:
"When you come in this world, naked and without knowledge and when you leave, you should have knowledge of Me, and I will cloth you with righteousness. Do not be of those that are puffed up and think they know all things. When in fact all they have that they possessed on this earth are material things. And when they stand before Me, they shall be naked and ashamed. I beg of you, My children to call out to Me and I will be faithful to bring you My Holy Spirit and to bring to your remembrance all things I have told you before you came to earth for I knew you."
This is part of a word on the JESUS RULES youtube channel published yesterday titled RHEMA= "CLOTHED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Isn't that amazing that it is like He pre-programmed us before we were born on this earth and plans to or is bit by bit causing us to remember what He told us beforehand!

I've heard elsewhere that we Americans are actually the rich of the earth for whom it is difficult to enter the Kingdom of God.

Dee

Back to top Go down

Post by dewick134 Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I wouldn't be surprised Dee. We are extremely rich compared to other countries. But you know, in reality we are not. The majority of Americans are over the head in debt. I read an article a few months back, and I forget the numbers, but something like 80% live paycheck to paycheck, and most do not have any savings. In reality, that makes us extremely poor. I have to believe there are still many true believers in this country, or we would have experienced serious judgment long ago. Blessings to you!

dewick134

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum